These were some of my favorite ideas from this podcast episode:
- It felt like food was controlling my life.
- My obsession with food controlled my life
- The negative self talk after messing up on eating.
- Restrictive eating, binging,
- I was in that state where I didn’t want to burden anyone with this. The embarrassment and shame had so much power over me.
- If you have the ability to recognize it in yourself, then you have the ability to overcome it.
- I was so quiet for so long because I had shame and embarrassment.
- There was always an emphasis on Emily when she was eating when she was little.
- “Oh wow, Emily is eating this today because she was a picky eater.”
- Then in college it took over her life. She was suffering because of a food obsession. Nobody knew because you don’t see it on someone’s face.
“Food has no moral value, a calorie is just a unit of energy.”
- I was taking myself out of social situations because I didn’t want to be around the food. The cake, the heavy meal, etc.
- Emily shares what seriously helped her with through her relationship with food.
Thank you for listening to another Episode of the podcast and being a part of my Greatness Community. You ROCK!!
Until next week friends, keep on pursuing your greatness.